Hi there! I'm John Espiritu, currently working full-time as a PHP developer for a real estate organization.
I discovered coding from my MS Access textbook on a summer break in 2008. I was delighted designing forms and popping up message boxes, and eventually wanted to move it out of Access. Web surfing at internet cafes led me to discover Visual Studio. Fast-forward to today, coding has become my bread and butter.
I like video games, particularly rhythm and racing such as Crash Team Racing, Guitar Freaks/Drum Mania, and Wangan Midnight. I also play a few MOBA games like League of Legends: Wild Rift and Mobile Legends.
Tech in the late 2000s has a special place in my heart, so I own a few old computers that I can use with Windows XP and OS X 10.8.
After living in the Philippines for almost three decades, I moved to the United States. Currently living the life in San Diego!
I'm open to new opportunities! Connect with me on Linkedin or contact me by email at hello at jhnsprtu.com.
- I learned computing on relatively old and slow computers at the time (Pentium III and 64MB RAM in 2006)
- I adore my Canon A-1, an SLR film camera from the 80's
- I got a Famicom, PlayStation, and GameBoy Advance in my childhood
- I've written my first HTML and CSS for my Friendster profile
- I loop a handful of (mostly Japanese) songs until I get tired of them
- My typing speed is around 90~120 WPM
- I became vegan in 2022 and a supporter of animal sanctuaries
- Text editor: Vim, Visual Studio Code
- Terminal: iTerm2 (macOS), Gnome Terminal (Ubuntu)
- Browser: Firefox (Personal), Chrome (Development)
- Gaming PC: Mini-ITX FF
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X
- RAM: 64GB DDR4
- GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT
- Motherboard: ASUSTeK ROG Strix B550-I AM4
- SSD: SSD WD Blue SN570 1TB NVMe M.2
- PSU: CoolerMaster V850 SFX Gold
- Case: Cooler Master NR200P Mini-ITX (Orange)
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Laptop 1: MacBook Air M2 13" 2022 (Midnight)
- Laptop 2: ThinkPad X220
- Desktop 1: Mac Mini i7 Late 2012 - 16GB RAM (Mac OS X 10.8)
- Desktop 2: Dell Optiplex 7010 (Windows XP SP3)
- Keyboard 1: Kinesis Freestyle Pro
- Keyboard 2: Keychron K1 SE
- Mouse 1: Kensington Expert Mouse
- Mouse 2: Logitech MX Ergo
- Monitor: 24" Asus VG249